Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Paperwork Update

We had a visit from our social worker yesterday and went to Atlanta for our last meeting for our homestudy today. We have turned in all of our paperwork for our homestudy and have nothing left to do except wait. Our social worker commented that we had been very quick in completing paperwork. I told her that I couldn't imagine not doing things really fast... especially sinece we know the little girl who is on the other end just waiting. Everything we can do to speed the process means she spends one less day in an institution and one more day in a family. Hopefully, our homestudy will be complete by the end of next week. It is needed to be able to send in our I-600 (immigration paperwork).

We are also working on our Dossier and hope to have all of those documents ready when the homestudy is complete. I am praying that everything goes smoothly and everyone works quickly on our behalf! If so, I am thinking we may be able to make our first trip to Russia in May.

We received an email from NightLight (our adoption agency) this week that said their staff member in St. Petersburg went to Anya's orphanage on Wednesday and all of the paperwork at the orphanage looks to be in order for Anya to be referred to us to be adopted. This was so exciting to hear as it was the first real "news" we have heard from Anya.

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter