Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Take Up Stones!

I set this blog up several weeks ago with the intention of recording our adoption journey, but I haven't known where to start. At times I feel I'm so far behind in re-telling everything!

I do know WHY I'm going to record things. There are several obvious reasons... I do think this blog will be carthardic for me, entertaining for some, and helpful to others. However, the most important reason will not be realized for a while. You see, one day (maybe days, months or years from now) Anya will ask tough questions, we will face parenting struggles, and Faith & Caleb will go through difficulties. These situations will inevitably occur. In those moments, I want to remember the things God has done for us and be able to point to His plan and how we followed it. It's easy to get lost in emotions and lose sight of the miracles God has performed in our daily lives. We will need to remember! We will need to hold on to what He's done for us. I want my children (all of them) to be able to tell their stories and relay how God has orchestrated the plans for their lives.

In Joshua 4:5-7, God directed Joshua to tell the Israelites, "Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder... to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever."

I can't wait to see what God is building as I "take up stones."

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter