Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Goodie Bags!

I have been putting a list together of things that I will be taking with me to Russia on our next trip. We hope to get a court date in the next couple of weeks (& travel shortly thereafter) so I am trying to get ready. We hope to be allowed to have a party for Anya’s group while we are there – sort of a going away party for Anya and a fun time for the other girls. There are 12 girls in Anya’s group. Below I have listed some things that would be very useful to be able to take with us on our trip. If anyone would like to send things to be given to the girls, you can mail them to us or if you are local, I can come by and pick them up.

We will be taking a large gift for the entire group (their Director said they would enjoy the DVD game “Dance Dance Revolution” – I’m not sure exactly what that is).

Other things that would be useful include anything that I can use to make “goodie bags” for the 12 girls (ages 8-13): Pencils, pens, stickers, small toys, costume jewelry, craft supplies (anything that won’t melt or spill in travel – beads for jewelry making are a hit), disposable cameras, candy (that won’t melt), small stationery for the girls, notepads, cross-stitch or other small kits (most of the girls have learned how to do needle work), ribbon, and anything else that encourages creativity. All of the girls are very resourceful & creative and will use and re-use every square inch of everything given to them.

When I get to St. Petersburg, I will buy a cake and some food for a party (hopefully ice cream too – it’s a real treat!).

Also, please pray for each of these 12 girls (three were not in the picture). I would bring them all back with me in my suitcase if I could. They are all very sweet, innocent children. They do not have a lot of hope for the future where they are – most will become prostitutes and some will commit suicide before the age of 18. It would be great for them to have a relationship with a woman who loves the Lord and cares about them – even if it’s from around the world. If anyone is ever interested in sending letters to a child to encourage them, I can help with that. Postage for a letter is only 94 cents. I am really praying about what I can do to help these girls who are left behind once we bring Anya home. I am constantly reminded, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21

Thank you so much for all your support! Please continue to pray for Anya and our adoption process. We could not have made it through all of this without the Lord and those who are lifting us up in prayer.

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter