Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We have been home for more than a week and Jack and I have talked about how smoothly things have gone. We really expected more "bumps" in the road and are constantly bracing for the rough times to hit (I'm sure we have difficult days ahead), but for now things couldn't be better. Thank you all for your prayers! Anya, Faith & Caleb are getting along so well and Anya's English is incredible. She is doing so well. We have some little habits we will be working on and some general manners to deal with (so if you talk to her and she seems rude, please be patient with us - we're working on it). Overall, she's learning everything very quickly and really wants to do her best to comply with our rules and requests. One really neat thing - we bought Anya a Russian book about God called "Is God really my Father?" while we were in St. Pete in May. It has English on one side of the page and Russian on the other (that way we know what she's reading). I didn't know if she would even like to read it, but each day she has read several chapters and has really enjoyed it. I can't wait for her to truly know the love of her Heavenly Father! I pray you all have a very Merry Christmas and that Christ is the center in your home this season.

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter