Well, we have finally finished with all of our doctor visits. I can't believe we made it!!! We have seen 8 specialists and then went back to our primary care physician to have our lab work and final letters prepared. We drove all of the medical paperwork and a revised Power of Attorney and revised Application (documents for the Russian side of our adoption agency) to Atlanta to be apostilled and then put them in the mail to California so they can be sent to Russia.
As far as we know, they are ready to send our documents to the judge in Russia so we can have a court date. The only thing we are waiting on now is the approval from USCIS (Homeland Security). Their processing time of 90 has lapsed and we still have not received our approval. I emailed them 1 week ago today and was told we would hear something within 72 hours. We haven't. The next step was to contact a US Senator. I faxed a request to Johnny Isakson's office today and they are going to check into our petition. They said it might take a few days for them to hear anything back. I'm praying it's in the mailbox tomorrow!!! Please pray that we get the approval back quickly so that our court date in Russia isn't delayed. I also know that God has perfect timing and He will have us there at the exact time we need to be (we just want it to be soon).
We are still taking donations for our giant yard sale and selling yard sale spaces & BBQ tickets. If anyone is interested, please let me know!
On a very exciting note, our friends are going to the airport to pick up 8 year old Rebeka & 4 year old Roberts from Latvia tonight (they are hosting them for 5 weeks). We can't wait to meet the kids and get to know them. Check out their blog - I know they will be updating it a lot while the kids are here.
Christmas hosting
-
For anyone following this blog but not our family mission blog, you can
read all about our time with Sergeis during our mission trip to Latvia at
www.thehe...
16 years ago









1 comment:
I am so sad that I am just now finding out about the adoption and your blog. You always wanted to adopt kids (This makes me want to email all the girls we lived with and remind them how awesome you are too.)
What you and Jack have done... absolutely incredible!!
Post a Comment