I don't know if it's "nesting" (I remember last minute preparations before Faith & Caleb were born) or if it's because the wait seems so long right now, but this week we have really been trying to get ready for Anya to come home. My mom reminded me last week that when we do get "the call" we will only have a little while before we are to be in Russia and we need to have our house ready. Faith & Anya want to share a room (Faith & Caleb share a room right now), so we are moving Faith & Anya to the spare bedroom. My parents have given us Beth's bunk bed set and we are decorating with butterflies and putting some accent paint on the wall. I think the girls will really like it. They will also have their very own bathroom attached to their room. I hope to get this room "makeover" finished this weekend and I'll post pictures.
I started thinking about our house being ready for a family of 5 instead of a family of 4 and realized we only have room for 4 people at our table. We have never bought real dining room furniture (our dining room is the play room). We eat in the breakfast room and if you've been to our house you know our dining table is wicker patio furniture with 4 large chairs that don't sit well for kids. I really need to get something else so we can all sit together as a family for dinner when Anya arrives. I'm going to be looking at yard sales and if any of you see something when you're out, please let me know.
I am currently on the look out for a table and chairs as well as clothes for Anya. She wears a little girls size 12 (pants/shorts need to be a slim or have an adjustable waist). If you know anyone cleaning out a closet & run across these sizes, we'd love hand-me-downs! Also, I'm planning for her "going away party" in Russia - we hope to be able to take a cake & celebrate with the other girls in her group. I am putting together some goodie bags for the girls in her group, so if you know of any great deals on stuff little girls would like, please let me know. I found 5 cent notebooks at Wal-Mart this week and got one for each of them.
Thank you all for following our adoption through this blog and for praying for us. It has really meant a lot to Jack and me to know we are in your prayers.
Christmas hosting
-
For anyone following this blog but not our family mission blog, you can
read all about our time with Sergeis during our mission trip to Latvia at
www.thehe...
16 years ago









1 comment:
I have a bunch of crayons, stickers, fingernail polish, and coloring books left over from a party I threw. I'd love to send them to you! Just let me know!
Post a Comment