Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The other Nastya

Today we spent the day with the other Nastya (the one we have known and who is coming on the Christmas host program). We took the girls to see Madagascar 2 (Jack and I caught up on our sleep during the movie) and they really enjoyed it. Then, they played at "Crazy Park" and we went shopping for cookies for the group and some puzzles for everyone to enjoy. We also bought some hair bows for Anya's hair since it has grown so much. In there sometime, we ate lunch and boy can they eat! They both ate so much they should have been sick! They each ate a bowl of soup and a "bleeni" and then found cookies I had brought for them in my bag & ate those too. Yesterday Anya was so full after lunch, she even leaned back in her chair (in the food court of the mall) and unbuttoned & unzipped her pants to make room for her stomach! She is quite the comedian! We got back to the orphanage in time for them to have dinner there and we stayed around a while just spending time in Anya's room (about 8' x 12' - with 3 beds in it) along with about 10 other girls. It was crowded and sometimes loud, but very fun & exciting! They were all glad Anya was back and they are already sad about her leaving in December (they asked when we would bring her back to visit... I said "not for a while"... Jack wanted to say "many years from now", so I'm glad I spoke up). Some of the girls said they would not be there when she returns for a visit because they are going back to live with their mother in January... I hope that's true! Nastya knows she is coming on the host program - she was taken to get her travel passport. She doesn't know that she will be staying next door to Anya, of course, but she is very excited. She said she had been chosen last time, but wasn't able to come and that now she is able to come and she thinks she will live in America forever. We'll have so much more to tell/write when we get home, but we need to get some sleep tonight! I have posted a new slideshow of pictures at the top of my blog so go check it out. If you don't have access to the blog for some reason, just email and let me know and I'll send you an invitation.

Tomorrow we're off to the Peter & Paul Fortress & to tour the famous battle ship, Aurora! It will just be Anya with us tomorrow - we're sure to see tears in the morning over that part, but I have told the interpreter we will say quick good-byes at the orphanage and get Anya out of there before we have a long drawn out episode! Both Nastya's want to go with us, but we don't have enough seats in the car we ride in, so they can't. I think Anya will enjoy these museums without any other children better anyway. We'll write more tomorrow... thank you for being a part of our journey to bring Anya home. She really wants so many of her friends to be adopted. Please pray that she will use her own voice to speak for them. Love to you all!

Jack & Stephanie

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter