Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Traveling to Moscow - YOU CAN HELP!

In researching travel to Moscow, I have become acutely aware of the high cost of everything there - especially accommodations! It is the second most expensive city in the world (and I also learned that Moscow is home to the greatest number of billionaires in the world - 74 of them!). I have all of our travel plans arranged for both the November & December trips except for our 3 night stay in Moscow. I have been trying to decide between staying in a hotel or an apartment. Our previous apartment stay was not the greatest, but the cost of Moscow hotels is a minimum of about $450 and any reputable name is over $500 per night. I learned today, however, that we can stay all 3 nights at the Courtyard Marriott in Moscow for 55,000 Marriott points. I don't currently have any Marriott points, but they said we could receive donated points for the stay. So, if you or anyone you know has Marriott points they don't plan to use, we would be very grateful for donated points! If we come up short, we can purchase points to make up the difference and still come out $1,000 cheaper than staying in the hotel (and cheaper than staying in an apartment). I am limited to the number of points I can purchase, so if you know anyone who would be willing to donated points (any number of points!), please let me know.

We are getting very excited about bringing Anya home and can't wait for you all to see her as well! Thank you all for all of your support!

In Him,
Stephanie

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter