We finally feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel! We got a call last night from the director of our agency letting us know that I should arrive in St. Petersburg on December 7th (which means I will have to leave Atlanta on Dec. 6th) and that we will leave to go to Moscow on December 10th and fly home to Atlanta on Saturday, December 13th. A one week trip is about the best we could have hoped for! We are very excited and thrilled to know that Anya won't be disappointed with another wait. I told her I was hoping to have her with us by December 10th and that will be the day we go and get her from the orphanage. Our news is about the best we could have received. Some families received the news that at the age of 14, passports are taking a long time to process and another family traveling the same day we are, will have an entire week longer in Russia than us. I am very thankful! Also, December 13th will almost be 1 year to the day from when we first met Anya. She arrived last year on December 12th. What an anniversary celebration! Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray especially for our court hearing. I feel like once we have gotten through that, we will feel so much better!
My dad will be traveling on the final trip with me so that Jack can stay home with Faith & Caleb. I'm excited for my dad to see Russia, Anya's orphanage and to have someone there with me each step of the way. This is going to be a very exciting Christmas season! I am so thankful that we will have Anya home with us. And, I can't wait for her to find out that her roommate, Nastya, will be arriving to spend the month next door at my parents' home just 3 days after Anya is home!
Christmas hosting
-
For anyone following this blog but not our family mission blog, you can
read all about our time with Sergeis during our mission trip to Latvia at
www.thehe...
16 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment