Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update on Anya's Health

We still do not have any news about our court date, but are praying every day to hear something. I did try to call Anya on Monday and a child told me that Anya wasn't there. A friend of mine called her son that day and he speaks a little English. He told her that Anya was still in the hospital. She was also able to speak with the Assistant Director who confirmed that Anya is still in the hospital. She said Anya has the flu and they needed to watch her closely, but she thought Anya was at the end of it and would be well soon. Our friend's son also said he had a fever and had not been feeling well. Please continue to pray for Anya's health - specifically that she hasn't lost too much weight and that she isn't dehydrated. I will be very relieved when she is back at the orphanage and I can talk to her. I know God has a reason for things and I pray that the "silver lining" in this is that maybe the judge will waive our 10 day waiting period. They are only suppose to waive it for medical reasons and having a flu going around the orphanage would be just cause. We will let you know as soon as we hear a court date and when we are able to talk to Anya. Some of our friends we have met on this journey arrived in Russia last night and should be visiting with their daughter (at Anya's orphanage) right now. They took a gift to Anya for us. We are praying for their trip (I know they are excited to see their daughter - they haven't seen her in over a year) and we will be excited to hear all about it and see pictures when they return.
Thank you for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie. We will be praying for Anyas quick recovery. I guess next year she will want a flu shot. That Russian flu is awful. We all had it when we over there and its the worst. I'm so sorry she is feeling so poorly. Wish she was over here where you could take care of her. I know you do to. I know how hard it is to have a little one sick and so far away and cant comfort them like you want to. We are praying for her and for you guys as well. My daughter just asked about her yesterday wondering when she would be home. We are looking forward to seeing her again. We still have this coat waiting on her that my daughter wants to give her. A really nice long one.

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter