I am so relieved! We tried calling Anya today (while I was dialing I heard Faith praying and asking God for Anya to be there) and Anya answered the phone! Her voice sounds like she has been sick - not quite herself, but she was so happy to talk to us. I don't think she could understand much of what we said, and she was trying to tell us things, but couldn't remember much English. Faith and Caleb both spoke to Anya and I think she was excited that Caleb could say "Anya" and "I love you" and "bye-bye". I asked if she received our present we sent and she said yes. I asked about her being sick and being in the hospital, but she didn't understand. It was a very difficult conversation because I had a lot I wanted to say and it seemed she did too, but it wasn't easy to communicate. I hope that next week we can have a translator on the phone with us when we call. We were disconnected twice during the conversation, but I was able to get back through on the phone. Anya asked to speak to "Papa" and to "Babushka" (my mom) and I told her they were working. I asked if she was ready to come with us to America... I'm not sure if she really understood, but she said yes. I told her that we hope to be there soon and we really miss her and love her. She said "I love you too" to each of us and then we said our good-byes. I had to hang up the phone first... otherwise she wouldn't hang up. What an answer to prayer! We have all been very anxious over her being in the hospital and not being able to speak with her and know she is okay. I called Jack to tell him and he was so excited. He was hoping I would be able to reach her on the phone today. I feel so many emotions... relief, joy, excitement, some sadness and I'm very anxious to get over there and bring her home. Thank you all for praying for Anya's health! I pray she never again has to be sick without her mother caring for her.
Christmas hosting
-
For anyone following this blog but not our family mission blog, you can
read all about our time with Sergeis during our mission trip to Latvia at
www.thehe...
16 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment