Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Faith's Fundraising Efforts

Faith has been wanting to raise money to help bring Anya home and she constantly asks me if we are going to have enough money. So, this week she has started her own fundraising campaign and she is doing great! I am posting the picture she drew and the letter she had me type (she told me that her hand would hurt to write that much, but I typed what she told me to). We talked about what she would like to raise money for and she decided to pay for Anya's plane ticket home. If you would like to sponsor her bowl-a-thon, just send me an email or if you'd like to buy a candy bar, she will probably have them with her wherever she goes. She is very excited to be helping bring Anya home!



Hello,
My name is Faith Abigail Higgins. I am selling candy bars and getting sponsors for a bowl-a-thon because we are trying to adopt a girl from Russia. Her name is Anya and she is 10 years old.
Would you please help me get money for her plane ticket home? I am raising the money to pay for the plane ticket. It will cost about $1,000.
I miss my sister and I love her very much. Thank you for helping me raise money to buy my sister’s ticket.
Love,
Faith

I have helped her explain her "Bowl-A-Thon":

Please consider sponsoring my B0wl-A-Thon. You can pledge a certain amount per pin or just a total amount. Also, you can sponsor any Strikes or Spares I get that day while I bowl.
I will be bowling 3 games on Monday, October 13th. The best score from one of my games will be used for the total. I usually hit about 80 pins when I bowl and I am going to try my best!
Sometimes I get a STRIKE or a SPARE.
Thank you for helping me raise money for my sister’s plane ticket home!
Love,
Faith

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter