Click on the link below to pull up our newsletter or just scroll through the pages below.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Talking to Anya

I was able to find an interpreter for our phone call to Anya today. I found a company online that charges $.95/minute. So, I went online and paid $19 so I could talk to Anya for 20 minutes. It was well worth it! She was so excited for me to understand her and she had a lot to say. I'll try to hit the highlights. She seems to be doing very well and seems to be very much herself. She wanted to know when we would be there. She said she has been counting down the days. I told her I would let her know as soon as we find out. She said that Nastya is doing well and asked if when we come to get her could Nastya tour St. Petersburg with us. Of course, I said. We talked about the court hearing and I told her the judge may not let us bring her home right away - we might have to wait a couple of weeks. She said she didn't want to wait. I told her to tell the judge that! She talked to Faith & Caleb and asked if Caleb is really talking now. She also asked for my mom and for Jack. She said to tell everyone "hello" for her. Anya said she is ready to come home. She said she is making all A's and B's in school and would she be able to do well in school here since she doesn't know English. I told her she would be studying English and would do great. She asked when I would be calling again and I told her I would call every Monday. She asked if I would have an interpreter on the phone and I told her I would try to. Anya said, "good... it has been very convenient". I agreed. When it was time to say good-bye, Anya said "I love you" and gave kisses over the phone and as she usually does, waited for me to hang up before she would get off the phone. It's so good to hear Anya's voice and know she is looking forward to seeing us and coming home!

No comments:

Time in St. Petersburg, Russia

If these kids tug at your heartstrings, consider being their family for 5 weeks this summer!

Leaving St. Petersburg - Arriving in Moscow

Sunday, November 23rd

Saturday, November 22nd

Our First trip to Russia!

Faith's Fundraising Letter

Faith's Fundraising Letter